Why Roofs Fail
There are many reasons a roof might fail prematurely in whole or in part. We at Gold Star Roofing have seen many reasons, but some of them are more common than others, that’s why we take pride and the utmost care in our workmanship and choices of materials.
Some easy-to-spot signs your roof is failing:
- Discolouration or damp spots on ceiling
- Blistering paint or drywall around light fixtures/outlets
- Dripping sounds during rains inside the building
- Water marks and/or musky smell in the attic
- Buckling shingles, shingles beside the building
- Shingle granules in gutters
Some minor and easier to fix (and prevent) reasons of failure to parts of the roof can be caused by high winds, sudden storms, wild life damage or rubbing tree branches. These damages are usually easy to fix and other than storms, the cause can be eliminated with minor costs. We’d be happy to suggest a specialist in wild life removal or an arborist. If not dangerous, we will remove branches ourselves.
Read below about the 4 most common reasons of premature roof failure, if you have further questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us directly.